3 Day Gorilla Trek Safari and Lake Bunyonyi Gorilla Safari
This 3 Day Gorillas in the Mist and Lake Bunyonyi Gorilla Safari features a gorilla trek in the misty mountains with a bonus second night spent on the shores of Lake Bunyonyi. During your trek, you will walk through the beautiful jungle and spend one hour with the mountain gorillas. Meeting these gorillas is a once in a lifetime experience. Come explore Africa with us!
Day 1 Drive to Bwindi Park through Lake Mburo
You will meet your guide and start off early from Kampala, traveling to your gorilla trekking adventure. Be prepared for a long day in the car. Along the way you will stop at the equator where you can take some breathtaking photos and have lunch in Masaka or Mbarara, depending on the time. After lunch you will continue on to Bwindi through the neck of the impenetrable forest. You will check-in at the lodge, enjoy a hot meal and then turn in for the night.
Main Destination: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After an early breakfast you will head out for your gorilla trekking adventure with a specialized guide. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is home to the forest giants that are our closest cousins – mountain gorillas. Besides the gorillas, this forest is full of birds, butterflies and plant species, plus forest hog, forest elephants, sitatunga and duikers. Enjoy the walk through the forest and spend one hour around the gorillas. After the gorilla trek and, depending on the time your trek is over, your guide will get you started on the trip to the nearby Lake Bunyonyi. Besides relaxing, optional activities you can choose to partake in include bird watching, swimming, kayaking and canoeing. Later in the evening you will return to the lodge for dinner and your overnight stay.
Day 3 Kampala
After breakfast you will set off towards Kampala. You might have the chance to see some wildlife as you drive through the Mburo area. You will have lunch along the way; returning to Kampala in the late afternoon/evening. This is where you safari will end.
Main Destination: Kampala
Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
Meals & Drinks: Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included)
Included in a 3 Day Gorillas in the Mist and Lake Bunyonyi Gorilla Safari
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Round trip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
Important to Know
- Rates are per personand exclude the international flight from/to your home country.
- This tour is unavailable for groups larger than 6 people.
|Solo1 room||2 people1 room||3 people2 rooms||4 people2 rooms||5 people3 rooms||6 people3 rooms||7+ people|